Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23475
View in linear mode

Subject: "Role played by card in slot 2 ??" Previous topic | Next topic
hankwt Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2012Sat 26-Jan-13 01:47 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Role played by card in slot 2 ??"

kingsville, CA

please help me to clarify this function - I shoot usually in Raw however at a recent nieces wedding I was asked to shoot candids of guests .The plan was to send out via email some quicl JPG files the next day to friends and family . I also wanted Raw files for myself to edit in LR 4 In my Shooting menu on the D7K I set Role Played By Card in Slot 2 to Raw plus Jpg Raw card 1 JPG card 2 after the wedding BOTH cards had .NEF files (Raw). I proved this out by trying to open in a generic pic viewer without a raw converter which of course said file not supported. so where did my JPGs go or what is this a dual setting of some sorts ?? Ive been going thru my manual but cant seem to find anything different than what i did !!!

BW- Big Wayner My motocross kid is faster than your A student !!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicRole played by card in slot 2 ?? [View all] , hankwt Silver Member, Sat 26-Jan-13 01:47 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Role played by card in slot 2 ??
briantilley Moderator
26th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Role played by card in slot 2 ??
hankwt Silver Member
26th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23475 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.