Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23353
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Best way to clean contacts?" Previous topic | Next topic
RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003Tue 22-Jan-13 05:16 PM
731 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Best way to clean contacts?"
In response to In response to 0
Tue 22-Jan-13 05:19 PM by RABaker

Sunnyvale, US

The best way to clean contacts that I have ever found is to use DeoxIT products on a quality microfiber cloth (the kind sold in camera shops for lens cleaning). If the contacts look clean the product you want is:
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1609/.f?sc=2&category=292
Put a drop of the DeoxIT Gold on a clean, high quality microfiber cloth and gently rub on the contacts. That's it. While I had it out I would do the same thing for each my lenses with contacts, too.

If the contacts actually look dirty (pretty unusual with cameras and lenses), then they should be cleaned before using the DeoxIT Gold. In that case use DeoxIT D-Series contact cleaner first, followed by the DeoxIT Gold. Application method should still be the same - put a small amount on a quality microfiber cloth and gently rub the contacts.

Good luck,
Richard

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicBest way to clean contacts? [View all] , billD80 Silver Member, Mon 21-Jan-13 03:10 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Best way to clean contacts?
tcerul
21st Jan 2013
billD80 Silver Member
21st Jan 2013
tcerul
22nd Jan 2013
RABaker
22nd Jan 2013
mkbee1 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2013
mborn1 Silver Member
24th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23353 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.