Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22723
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Focus issue is real" Previous topic | Next topic
hmanooch Registered since 21st Dec 2012Fri 21-Dec-12 06:08 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Focus issue is real"

US

I've had my D7000 for just over a year now and been extremely happy with it. But over the last couple of photo ops I became aware of a focusing issue. I immediately began a search of the web and realized other people were having questions about the focusing capabilities of their D7000s as well. I ran some tests and reviewed my images to find evidence for or against my suspicions. I also ran some rudimentary tests using different lenses and even flash and high shutter speeds. sure enough, my camera seems to have begun back focussing by at least 10% regardless of lens used. The issue is definitely a new development. My older pictures are very sharp.
Now here, I'm going to hopefully add some helpful info. First of all, the only thing I have done recently with the camera that could possibly have caused some software corruption is to set up U1 and U2. Perhaps that action somehow introduced corruption into the software somehow. The rest of you guys who are interested in this subject please consider this possibility and see if I may have something here. next, and this is a big one. I went to metadata exif in CS Bridge and looked at subject distance. Ureka!!!!! The figures are all over the place from 0.0 to billions of meters! Has anyone noticed this before? How could all of you experts have missed this!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD7000 Focus issue is real [View all] , hmanooch , Fri 21-Dec-12 06:08 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Focus issue is real
briantilley Moderator
21st Dec 2012
hmanooch
21st Dec 2012
RLDubbya
21st Dec 2012
hawaii502160
21st Dec 2012
esandy Silver Member
21st Dec 2012
Davidpeter1 Silver Member
21st Dec 2012
dm1dave Administrator
21st Dec 2012
km6xz Moderator
22nd Dec 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22723 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.