Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22317
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000?" Previous topic | Next topic
poc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008Tue 27-Nov-12 12:43 AM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000?"
In response to In response to 8

Glenview, US

I have owned both D90 and D7000 and would tell you that the D7000 is a definite upgrade from many perspectives. That said, if you are doing what you need with the D90 there is no need to upgrade the camera. That is the logical answer.

However, I feel that my fellow Wildcat deserves a new toy and there are a couple of ways of going about this in a financially responsible manner. To that end I would second Will's recommendation of a couple of prime lenses. Think of the fun you could have with a nice 20mm Nikon lens shooting Deering Library from Sheridan road. By using a fixed focal length lens you will need to explore different angles of composition and your photography will improve. These primes are quite sharp and are built well. You could pick up a used copy for a reasonable price. If you change your mind or if the focal length is not to your liking, sell it and buy another. If, in the long term you decide to switch to FX, you already have some nice lenses to start out with. As I do a lot of hiking, I have switched back to light primes which take up little space and can be placed in your coat pocket. If you have no intention of moving to FX, the 30mm DX version is a great little lens.

Whatever you do professor, get a new toy for yourself. The grandchild will not appreciate it as much as you will.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicShould I consider getting a Nikon D7000? [View all] , leonardevens Silver Member, Sat 24-Nov-12 09:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Should I consider getting a Nikon D7000?
jdphotos
24th Nov 2012
Newondigital
25th Nov 2012
William Symonds
25th Nov 2012
William Symonds
24th Nov 2012
km6xz Moderator
25th Nov 2012
Hanso
25th Nov 2012
leonardevens Silver Member
26th Nov 2012
William Symonds
26th Nov 2012
poc Silver Member
27th Nov 2012
torwood Silver Member
27th Nov 2012
leonardevens Silver Member
27th Nov 2012
mjhach Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
km6xz Moderator
28th Nov 2012
William Symonds
28th Nov 2012
Alexcorral
27th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22317 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.