Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22175
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Aftermarket battery grips" Previous topic | Next topic
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 17-Nov-12 06:31 PM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Aftermarket battery grips"
In response to In response to 0

St Petersburg, RU

I have had very good luck with 3rd party grips from 3 different companies for 3 different cameras(D90, 7000, 800) but a few people have had problems such as the battery closure tab is not very strong. Combined, between the 3 cameras however, I have about 120,000 in rough conditions and find the grips accept the abuse possible better than the cameras since they look like new.

A quick search revealed dozens of threads concerned 3rd party grips.

If a 3rd party grip is a goof risk, the answer would probably be best predicted by how rough one is with their other equipment. Do you often break things? I know some people who often complain about weak consumer items and how easy it was to break them. I must be easy on things because there are very few items of any type, from cars to delicate instruments. My ex could break anything, from wine glasses to auto transmissions on almost a daily basis.
The Nikon made unit is part metal and party plastic and the 3rd party grips are entirely plastic.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionAftermarket battery grips [View all] , OldNavy609 Silver Member, Sat 17-Nov-12 05:51 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Aftermarket battery grips
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
OldNavy609 Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
km6xz Moderator
17th Nov 2012
OldNavy609 Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
IanCT
18th Nov 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
18th Nov 2012
km6xz Moderator
21st Nov 2012
tekneektom Gold Member
18th Nov 2012
OldNavy609 Silver Member
21st Nov 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22175 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.