Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22093
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Focus issue or pilot error" Previous topic | Next topic
N4TVC Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2006Tue 13-Nov-12 12:11 AM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Focus issue or pilot error"
In response to In response to 7

Burke, US

Stan, if the OP was using AF-S and has focus control on the shutter release button, shooting a burst by holding down the shutter release will only focus on the first shot. At least that's how mine works. To get a new focus in AF-S one must release the shutter release all the way. Also, the focus indication in Capture is where the focus bracket was when the shot was taken, not necessarily where it was when focus was acquired. I shoot AF-S lots, but i focus and recompose, and in that case where the focus bracket shows up in Capture is useless.

I wonder if the OP intentionally focused on her left hand, or that's just where it showed up in Capture?

Charles

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicFocus issue or pilot error [View all] , epdad , Sun 11-Nov-12 01:05 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Focus issue or pilot error
JosephK Silver Member
11th Nov 2012
epdad
11th Nov 2012
greenwing Gold Member
11th Nov 2012
epdad
11th Nov 2012
Patrick604
11th Nov 2012
epdad
11th Nov 2012
km6xz Moderator
11th Nov 2012
N4TVC Silver Member
13th Nov 2012
epdad
13th Nov 2012
Tucsonmr2
13th Nov 2012
epdad
13th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22093 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.