Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22058
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to do long exposure with ML-L3 remote" Previous topic | Next topic
Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Wed 07-Nov-12 11:21 PM
260 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How to do long exposure with ML-L3 remote"

Aventura, US

I would like to do a 2 minute exposure using the remote. I am not sure of the sequence of steps to accomplish this.

I believe I need to be in Manual mode. I am not sure of how to set the speed so that the shutter says open.

I know I should use long exposure noise reduction, a neutral density filter and cover the viewfinder.

I hope to get some tips on how to do this or possibly a link to an existing tutorial.

I am planning to buy one 10 stop ND filter (B+W). Does that seem like a good idea?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicHow to do long exposure with ML-L3 remote [View all] , Steve6344 Silver Member, Wed 07-Nov-12 11:21 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How to do long exposure with ML-L3 remote
dm1dave Administrator
07th Nov 2012
Tucsonmr2
08th Nov 2012
dm1dave Administrator
08th Nov 2012
Remooc
14th Nov 2012
gbowen Gold Member
14th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22058 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.