Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21374
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display" Previous topic | Next topic
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Mon 08-Oct-12 07:33 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display"
In response to In response to 7

St Petersburg, RU

The Menu structure follows a Nikon standard so picking up various models, the same terms and locations are used. Shooting is really pretty logical, setting parameters that impact recording of the coming shots, the setting that impact the next shots WB, PC, Color Space, Multiple Exposure mode etc, which are embedded in the resulting image file.
Setup is for functions that set up the camera generally such as Time and Date, LCD brightness, Cleaning lockup, functions that do not impact recording if images as much as effect the camera in general regardless of playback or recording. These are used less often and could have been called "Configuration" to related more to peoples computer experience.

I read the manual cover to cover in the parking lot of the camera store where I bought my D90, my first Nikon and first DSLR 4 years ago. My camera experience was film. I learned the terms and started shooting before I got home. A few years later I added the D7000 and found that the manual was opened only a few time because the menu system was so consistent with the D90's menu. Later, last May, I added the D800 to the collection and went two days later to Scotland for a photo-holiday and the manual is still wrapped in plastic, never opened, since it so logically follows the Nikon standard. Personally, I think the menu system Nikon standardized on is good and one of the features that generates positive comments about ergonomics that Nikon receives from reviewers and users alike.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicDeciphering Rear LCD Info Display [View all] , Bravozulu Silver Member, Sun 07-Oct-12 11:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display
RLDubbya
07th Oct 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
08th Oct 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Oct 2012
RLDubbya
08th Oct 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Oct 2012
RLDubbya
08th Oct 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
08th Oct 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Oct 2012
km6xz Moderator
08th Oct 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21374 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.