Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21263
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D7000 images vs iPhone 5" Previous topic | Next topic
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Wed 03-Oct-12 06:08 AM
3299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 images vs iPhone 5"
In response to In response to 7
Sun 07-Oct-12 07:54 AM by km6xz

St Petersburg, RU

No doubt, if I was a camera manufacturer I would be worried if my line was mostly point and shoot cameras, the bottom end and very casual shooting can be done entirely with a smartphone now, and it is free.
When displayed large, when trying to preserve DR of a scene or when light is not optimum, the DSLR of course shines.
I have not been a smartphone user and did not care about them but last week broke down and got a Samsung Galaxy SIII and find it quite impressive. Talk about convenient photos....I was in a cafe meeting a new prospective employee for a new start up business and took a photo of her, and sent her a copy directly by Direct Wifi to here and a copy to my laptop at home via email with 2 button clicks. It was geotagged and annotated with my notes and included her phone number/skype name that was sent directly to my phone from hers. Hummm, pretty cool.

I shoot less with my D7000 and D800 due to the weight negating carrying both all the time like I used to but that means lower frame counts but more serious and better images because those I do take are because it was the intended activity to be photography. Photography is starting to feel more like it did in the film era for me, more deliberate, less wasted shots, more time thinking about a shot than doing it. I think that is a good trend, but is sure is getting harder to cull out the non-keepers because there aren't many that are obviously not worth keeping. The phone will probably fill the need for opportunity shots and having something with me all the time. But it is not photography, more reportage, to me.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD7000 images vs iPhone 5 [View all] , docimmer Silver Member, Sat 29-Sep-12 08:22 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 images vs iPhone 5
cwils02 Gold Member
30th Sep 2012
docimmer Silver Member
30th Sep 2012
swyost Silver Member
30th Sep 2012
ORTHOZAC Silver Member
30th Sep 2012
benmlee
30th Sep 2012
RLDubbya Silver Member
01st Oct 2012
cwils02 Gold Member
02nd Oct 2012
km6xz Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
07th Oct 2012
luckyphoto Silver Member
08th Oct 2012
PAStime Silver Member
07th Oct 2012
RSchussel Silver Member
08th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21263 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.