Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1517
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: MB-d11 prices" Previous topic | Next topic
M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 05-Nov-10 04:37 PM
680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: MB-d11 prices"
In response to In response to 5

Jackson, US

I have been debating this myself, even without knowing the list price of the grip. At least on the MB-d10, we got an extra couple of frames per second along with the vertical buttons. The L-Brackets from RRS and Kirk are more expensive for the grip version and they usually lag behind the regular L-Brackets as far as production schedules go. I get over 2000 actuations on my D-300 when using the AA batteries and the grip and see the standard battery for the D7000 is only rated at something like 800 images. Not sure if AA's would perform as well on the D7000 yet. I haven't seen nor searched for the information, but it would be awfully nice if the 8 battery clip from the D300 grip fit the grip for the D7000. That might sway my decision to the grip.

I think I will probably just buy an extra battery or two and a basic L-Bracket and wait to spend the extra bucks on the accessories for whatever replaces a D300s or D700. I have a fairly expensive L-viewer, remote trigger, and a lightning trigger that probably won't work with the D7000 but might work with the D300 and D700 replacements.

M. Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicMB-d11 prices [View all] , yelcab , Thu 04-Nov-10 08:07 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: MB-d11 prices
gkaiseril Gold Member
04th Nov 2010
km6xz Moderator
04th Nov 2010
OpticalSerenity
05th Nov 2010
jbloom Gold Member
05th Nov 2010
mort Gold Member
05th Nov 2010
M_Jackson Silver Member
05th Nov 2010
yelcab
05th Nov 2010
jbloom Gold Member
06th Nov 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
06th Nov 2010

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1517 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.