Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1288
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu..." Previous topic | Next topic
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Mon 01-Nov-10 12:10 PM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image quality comparisons to D300?)"
In response to In response to 13

St Petersburg, RU

I would be surprised if Nikon lets the DX pro style body market go stale very long, it would be hard to reclaim their market share if there is not something available for another 6 months. The 7DmkII will be out before that, and the Pentax K-5 is just coming out. Anyone in the market , while holding Nikon glass is waiting, newcomers who might have gotten the D300s are buying D7000's.
All the basics for the new D300 replacement are on the shelf now, the image chain from the D7000, plus some more buffer, the AF system with an opened up CAM4800 etc. IQ will not be the selling point over the D7000, just as the D300 versus the D90, but body, AF and some add on features that do not disturb the core subsystems will be the selling points.
It will be interesting just how powerful the core of the ExpeedII and CAM4800 are, for example just how many burst shot can the ExpeedII handle in 14 bit if the buffer size/performance is available. Same with the CAM4800, just how many cross points and focal points CAN it handle. We will find out with the D400.
While I love the D7000 specs and performance so far as I've seen, I am not really in the market. There are no D7000s in the country and by the time there are, maybe the D400 will be announced. In the meantime I continue to have a ball with the D90 and a nice selection of lenses plus good lighting and grip. Together they work fine. That might change later this month when I go back to the US for an unplanned family visit. Hopefully I will see and play with a flesh and blood D7000 in California. All my best decisions are unplanned spur of the moment;>)
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicAny image quality comparisons to D300 yet? [View all] , jerry r Silver Member, Wed 27-Oct-10 04:50 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?
km6xz Moderator
27th Oct 2010
dankeny Gold Member
27th Oct 2010
visionguru
27th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
27th Oct 2010
visionguru
27th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
28th Oct 2010
Reply message Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qualit...
Zevi Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
Reply message RE: focus points.
jerry r Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
Reply message RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu...
briantilley Moderator
30th Oct 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
30th Oct 2010
pdekman Gold Member
30th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
31st Oct 2010
Zevi Silver Member
31st Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
01st Nov 2010

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1288 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.