Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1288
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu..." Previous topic | Next topic
pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Sat 30-Oct-10 04:45 PM
1032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image quality comparisons to D300?)"
In response to In response to 7

Swisher, US

I had a similar choice, wanting to upgrade my D200 for better high ISO shooting, as well as gaining liveview for macros and such. I'm not tempted by FX as I like to shoot wildlife and enjoy the reach of DX. I chose the D7K over the D300s as the draw of new technology won me over vs. the more familiar build and ergonomics of the D300s.

After two evenings of shooting, I'm quite impressed with the performance of the D7K. I just updated my LR3 ISO Presets and just marvel at the quality of ISO1600+ (coming from my D200). Happily, the lower ISO images are wonderfully detailed. I need to relearn a few button positions, but that's pretty easy. Reaching for AF-On(AEL) is a bit awkward as I am left-eye dominant, but can be readily accomodated.

I assume the AF performance will be better than what I have now, but will not match the higher-end bodies. Overall, I see no significant drawbacks with this camera for my use.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicAny image quality comparisons to D300 yet? [View all] , jerry r Silver Member, Wed 27-Oct-10 04:50 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?
km6xz Moderator
27th Oct 2010
dankeny Gold Member
27th Oct 2010
visionguru
27th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
27th Oct 2010
visionguru
27th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
28th Oct 2010
Reply message Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qualit...
Zevi Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
Reply message RE: focus points.
jerry r Silver Member
30th Oct 2010
Reply message RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu...
briantilley Moderator
30th Oct 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
30th Oct 2010
pdekman Gold Member
30th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
31st Oct 2010
Zevi Silver Member
31st Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
01st Nov 2010

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1288 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.