nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Extended Warrenties on Cameras?

mcastfalk

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?"

mcastfalk Registered since 01st Dec 2009
Wed 09-Dec-09 10:38 AM

Thanks Brian.

I did not take the warrenty. I'll have to be careful. I've had a Coolpix 5700 for 6 or 7 years now and no accidents. It also was sent back to Nikon both in and out of warrenty on their dime - which is one of the reasons they have my loyalty to their brand.

Best Buy was saying that they'd not only clean the camera, but completely take it apart to do the cleaning. I don't like that idea.

It sounds like we can clean the sensor ourselves? Is this easy enough to do? Is there a site with directions on how to do this?

I was changing the lenses or at least removing the lens to store the camera. I have stopped doing this and now have the lens I use the most attached to the camera and I don't remove it unless I have to. I store it with this lens attached as well. Is this ok to do?

Michael

A general, generic topic Extended Warrenties on Cameras? [View all] , mcastfalk , Tue 01-Dec-09 03:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?