Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #923
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?" Previous topic | Next topic
mcastfalk Registered since 01st Dec 2009Tue 01-Dec-09 09:36 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?"
In response to In response to 1

US

Thanks Marty.

I had asked Best Buy about the camera cleaning and they couldn't give me an exact price. They said that they send it out to be serviced and the that camera is completely taken apart, cleaned and put back together. Sounds a bit excessive to me. I've had a Coolpix 5700 for about 7 or 8 years now and never had it pulled apart and cleaned. Then again, it is all one unit and Nikon took care of me on some issues 2 years ago - even when the camera was out of warrenty. That is why the got my business again.

My biggest concern is the children around the camera. If the camera needs to be cleaned regularly, then the cost would be worth it for the "warrenty". Even at $30 a cleaning, it would pay for itself and give me peace of mind. However, like I said about the Coolpix - never had an issue that Nikon didn't own up to. It is still working fine after all these years.

Thanks for the input.

Michael

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicExtended Warrenties on Cameras? [View all] , mcastfalk , Tue 01-Dec-09 03:47 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?
MEMcD Moderator
01st Dec 2009
mcastfalk
01st Dec 2009
bryant1976
06th Dec 2009
blw Moderator
09th Dec 2009
mcastfalk
09th Dec 2009
blw Moderator
10th Dec 2009

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #923 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.