nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Extended Warrenties on Cameras?

mcastfalk

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?"

mcastfalk Registered since 01st Dec 2009
Tue 01-Dec-09 09:36 PM

Thanks Marty.

I had asked Best Buy about the camera cleaning and they couldn't give me an exact price. They said that they send it out to be serviced and the that camera is completely taken apart, cleaned and put back together. Sounds a bit excessive to me. I've had a Coolpix 5700 for about 7 or 8 years now and never had it pulled apart and cleaned. Then again, it is all one unit and Nikon took care of me on some issues 2 years ago - even when the camera was out of warrenty. That is why the got my business again.

My biggest concern is the children around the camera. If the camera needs to be cleaned regularly, then the cost would be worth it for the "warrenty". Even at $30 a cleaning, it would pay for itself and give me peace of mind. However, like I said about the Coolpix - never had an issue that Nikon didn't own up to. It is still working fine after all these years.

Thanks for the input.

Michael

A general, generic topic Extended Warrenties on Cameras? [View all] , mcastfalk , Tue 01-Dec-09 03:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Extended Warrenties on Cameras?