nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #8805
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Photoshop Elements" Previous topic | Next topic
freedomfarm Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2013Sat 12-Oct-13 12:07 PM
593 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Photoshop Elements"
In response to In response to 0
Sun 13-Oct-13 12:30 PM by freedomfarm

US

Yes, like Laverne said, try the magic wand, I use the "quick selection tool." You can add or subtract to your selection, then once you have the basic selection, go to tool options and open that up, click on refine edge, select view in black and white, check the smart radius box, and move the slider for radius up to 250 . . . You'll be amazed at how much detail can be selected, even thin whisps of hair on a person. You should slide it back down to somewhere between 10 and 20, that's ideal for most selections. You can have PSE re-think problem areas by changing view to overlay and by using the refine radius tool (brush icon) and brushing problem areas that weren't quite selected. Once your happy with it check the box to decontaminate colors and set amount to 75% and choose how you want your selection's output (new layer, etc.) I learned this from the book I highly recommend "The photoshop elements book 11 for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby & Matt Kloskowski.

Steve H
Rock Creek, Ohio

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicPhotoshop Elements [View all] , buffumjr , Sun 06-Oct-13 01:37 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photoshop Elements
aolander Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
buffumjr
06th Oct 2013
aolander Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
buffumjr
06th Oct 2013
Lolrogge Silver Member
06th Oct 2013
freedomfarm Silver Member
12th Oct 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #8805 Previous topic | Next topic