Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

600 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Photoshop Elements"

freedomfarm Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Mar 2013
Sat 12-Oct-13 12:07 PM | edited Sun 13-Oct-13 12:30 PM by freedomfarm

Yes, like Laverne said, try the magic wand, I use the "quick selection tool." You can add or subtract to your selection, then once you have the basic selection, go to tool options and open that up, click on refine edge, select view in black and white, check the smart radius box, and move the slider for radius up to 250 . . . You'll be amazed at how much detail can be selected, even thin whisps of hair on a person. You should slide it back down to somewhere between 10 and 20, that's ideal for most selections. You can have PSE re-think problem areas by changing view to overlay and by using the refine radius tool (brush icon) and brushing problem areas that weren't quite selected. Once your happy with it check the box to decontaminate colors and set amount to 75% and choose how you want your selection's output (new layer, etc.) I learned this from the book I highly recommend "The photoshop elements book 11 for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby & Matt Kloskowski.

Steve H
Rock Creek, Ohio

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Photoshop Elements [View all] , buffumjr , Sun 06-Oct-13 01:37 PM
Reply message RE: Photoshop Elements