nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Skyco

Roanoke Island, US
143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: just bought a nikon d3100"

Skyco Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Mar 2012
Thu 11-Jul-13 02:29 AM

Hi Luis,

If you haven't checked out the D3100 Digitutor here is a link. It gives a good tour of using the D3100.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/IMG/Assets/Digital-SLR/2010/25472-Nikon-D3100/Video/digitutor/index.html

For me I found "Auto" to give some surprising and unpleasant results - often "Auto" was fine - sometimes great. The D3100 has great dynamic range and thats where I think "Auto" worked best - but use your focus points well and experiment, practice so you know what to expect from your shooting.

I strongly suggest reading as much as you can about the camera and shooting the heck out of it to get used to how it works and learn what works for you. Back in the days of film I always shot manual. However, the D3100 only has one command wheel so changing aperture requires some dexterity.

The "kit" lens that comes with the D3100 has excellent optics - and focuses very close.

I hope this helps. Its been over a year since I shot with the D3100. I found it to be a very great camera for the money.

Well wishes,
I hope you enjoy your photography

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyco_g/

"Humans don't rise to the occasion. Instead, we fall to our level of training and experience". Archilochus, a Greek soldier and poet.
The best photo advice I ever received was at a John Shaw workshop. "... Practice your craft... ... Pixels are free...Practice... experiment with your camera".

A general, generic topic just bought a nikon d3100 [View all] , lueyh , Wed 03-Jul-13 05:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: just bought a nikon d3100