nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
WD4MLA

Sylva, US
933 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DX Lenses and Crop Factor"

WD4MLA Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Tue 12-Mar-13 01:08 PM

The short answer is the crop factor applies to both FX & DX lens.

When I shot film I had a 24mm lens for landscapes. Now that I shoot digital and use a DX camera, I bought a 16-85VR lens so the 16mm will give me the field of view that I got on the 24mm film camera.

Jerry Jaynes
Great Smoky Mountains
of North Carolina

http://www.flickr.com/photos/by_jerry_jaynes/

A general, generic topic DX Lenses and Crop Factor [View all] , dperry23 , Tue 12-Mar-13 12:33 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: DX Lenses and Crop Factor Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
12th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: DX Lenses and Crop Factor WD4MLA Silver Member
12th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: DX Lenses and Crop Factor MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
12th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: DX Lenses and Crop Factor avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Mar 2013