nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Fortkentdad

Fort Kent, CA
264 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: RAW+JPEG vs RAW"

Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Sat 09-Mar-13 03:14 PM

Good Question.

I've been shooting RAW+JPG for a while (as in few months) and I have noticed that there are times when trying to shoot in rapid succession the camera lags - I will need to try and remember to turn to just RAW when I think I'll shoot some action shots where I'd like a batch of images shot in rapid succession.

The other issue I'm facing is my Photoshop Elements catalog is double what it needs to be. I have at least two of every shot - I say two because when I touch up an image that is saved in a bunch with the original. I also tend to shot several shots of the same thing, so in the end of the day I end up with a whole bunch of sameness in my catalog. I've used PSE's stacking feature to reduce screen clutter when I'm looking back for an image.

I really need to start using the PSE's cataloging features to tag and rate my images so that I have a better chance of finding them. Spend too much time scrolling through images looking for a particular picture.

FKD
Alberta CANADA

A topic tagged as having a question RAW+JPEG vs RAW [View all] , NikonOz , Fri 08-Feb-13 03:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: RAW+JPEG vs RAW