nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Skyco

Roanoke Island, US
141 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Rule of thirds"

Skyco Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Mar 2012
Sat 09-Feb-13 02:32 AM | edited Sat 09-Feb-13 02:36 AM by Skyco

>How to bring up the "Rule of Thirds" grid on Nikon
>D3200 please.

I agree with Joseph K - use the focus points - and with practice you will learn to see the "Rule of Thirds" without a grid. And occasionally one can break the rules - but be very careful and intentional about that.

I used the focus points on a D3100 to maintain a level horizon - especially important over wide bodies of water.

Well Wishes,

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyco_g/

"Humans don't rise to the occasion. Instead, we fall to our level of training and experience". Archilochus, a Greek soldier and poet.
The best photo advice I ever received was at a John Shaw workshop. "... Practice your craft... ... Pixels are free...Practice... experiment with your camera".

A general, generic topic Rule of thirds [View all] , ronshep2 , Sun 03-Feb-13 11:28 AM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Rule of thirds Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
03rd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Rule of thirds avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Rule of thirds JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
04th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Rule of thirds jeffcs
07th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Rule of thirds Skyco Silver Member
09th Feb 2013