nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
anymouse73

Philadelphia, US
78 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Mounting AIS lens on D5100"

anymouse73 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Jan 2013
Fri 08-Feb-13 11:05 PM

You may have this figured out by now, but...

I use the f/1.8D lens on a D3100. For mine to work, I must turn the aperture ring to F/22 and lock it in place. Otherwise it feels rough mounting it to the camera.

I'm not sure if the F/1.8 has an aperture ring lock on it or not. If not, just turn the ring to f/22 and leave it there. The camera will then set the aperture, same as a "G" lens.

Good luck,

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Mounting AIS lens on D5100 [View all] , cyhusk , Sat 02-Feb-13 10:37 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Mounting AIS lens on D5100 Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
03rd Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Mounting AIS lens on D5100 cyhusk
03rd Feb 2013
     Reply message RE: Mounting AIS lens on D5100 Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
03rd Feb 2013
03rd Feb 2013
04th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Mounting AIS lens on D5100 anymouse73 Silver Member
08th Feb 2013
08th Feb 2013
09th Feb 2013