nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

help reducing noise in movie mode.

blw

Richmond, US
27117 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: help reducing noise in movie mode."

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 20-Jan-13 07:25 PM

> I am sure ISO setting was not the Issues here.

I'm not so sure. ISO setting and quality of exposure are the two primary sources of visible noise. You should verify just what was being used.

> I tried every Fstop

And it made no difference? That would be rather remarkable. The 18-200VR has a range from f/5.6 (at least) to f/22, or four to almost five stops. Four stops is enough to change a normal exposure into pretty much a black frame; it's also enough to change a completely noise-free frame into a complete mess of noise.

> when I say the noise was bad...I mean BAD.

Not a very quantitative description... but in general the D3200 is not a particularly noisy camera. It certainly isn't compared to cameras from just a few years ago.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A topic tagged as in need of help help reducing noise in movie mode. [View all] , lovemehate , Sun 20-Jan-13 05:19 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: help reducing noise in movie mode. WildIsle Silver Member
20th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: help reducing noise in movie mode. lovemehate
20th Jan 2013
     Reply message RE: help reducing noise in movie mode. blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
20th Jan 2013
20th Jan 2013
20th Jan 2013
20th Jan 2013
21st Jan 2013