nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7464
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Focus, Sharpness and Resolution" Previous topic | Next topic
Pipewelder Registered since 09th Jan 2013Tue 22-Jan-13 12:04 PM
89 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Focus, Sharpness and Resolution"
In response to In response to 13

Iuka, US

I guess my point was that there was little difference in the two images even though there is a difference in the sensor size. I do think the lens magnification had a great deal to do with it.

What I need to figure out I guess is at what zoom level am I better off using the bridge camera over the slr provided none of the features of the slr are an advantage for that specific shot.

Here are two images without any cropping.

http://weldingdata.com/FtpPublic/Compare (2).zip

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicFocus, Sharpness and Resolution [View all] , Pipewelder , Sun 20-Jan-13 04:55 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Focus, Sharpness and Resolution
JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
20th Jan 2013
Pipewelder
20th Jan 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
20th Jan 2013
Pipewelder
21st Jan 2013
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
20th Jan 2013
Pipewelder
21st Jan 2013
WD4MLA Silver Member
20th Jan 2013
Pipewelder
21st Jan 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
21st Jan 2013
Pipewelder
22nd Jan 2013
22nd Jan 2013
Pipewelder
22nd Jan 2013
pistnbroke
23rd Jan 2013
Pipewelder
23rd Jan 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
20th Jan 2013
Pipewelder
21st Jan 2013
WildIsle Silver Member
20th Jan 2013
Pipewelder
21st Jan 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7464 Previous topic | Next topic