Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

McEwen, US
3886 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5100 e-mail attachment?"

coolmom42 Moderator Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011
Mon 07-Jan-13 04:23 AM

Well first of all you can't store your photos on the camera indefinitely. So you do need somewhere else to store them. If your computer doesn't have much hard drive space, you can get a large USB external or jump drive and use that for storage. I'm assuming you have more than one available USB; if not, you can disconnect something temporarily or get a USB hub.

If you are shooting JPG you have options on file size. I don't know where this is on the D5100 menu but you should be able to find it in your user's manual. You can pick a smaller size if you want to email immediately.

Another option is to keep your larger file sizes and upload them to a site where you can share them. That way you won't have to email them.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
MeFoto Road Trip w/Q1 ballhead
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question D5100 e-mail attachment? [View all] , Hippomm , Sat 05-Jan-13 10:00 PM
Reply message RE: D5100 e-mail attachment?