Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7281
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Which Nikon?" Previous topic | Next topic
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Thu 27-Dec-12 06:20 PM
3296 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Which Nikon?"
In response to In response to 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

I have both the D5100 and the D3200. Until the D5200 comes out, I need both of them. I originally bought the D5100 because of it's articulating screen and it's high resolution. I like shooting photos of my model trains, which sit on the floor, and are otherwise very difficult to photograph without that screen and LiveView. Here's one example. Shot with the AFS 35mm f1.8 DX lens.

Here's another use for the D5100. This time the camera was over my head. The Hummel figures are on the top of my bookshelf. This one was shot with the kit AFS 18-55mm DX VR lens. Neither photo was sharpened in post.

I bought the D3200 because of it's high resolution. I enjoy measuring the resolution of all my lenses. The D3200 resolves my charts with much more clarity than any other camera I own including the D5100.

Both cameras perform flawlessly. I have not found any shortcomings in the AF systems or anything else. I'm even using both bodies with my pro lenses and even my manual focus lenses in manual mode. The D3200 has become my top DX body for use with my long lenses as well as my ultra wides.

I might get the D5200 after it comes out and give my D5100 to my grand daughter who is now a freshman in high school and has shown a great interest in photography. She's currently using the cheapest and mostly automatic p&s.

If I were you I would probably hold off for the D5200 even though your photography needs are probably a lot different than mine.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicWhich Nikon? [View all] , ithompson72 Silver Member, Thu 27-Dec-12 01:50 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Which Nikon?
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Dec 2012
ithompson72 Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses
27th Dec 2012
Ellis Feibush Silver Member
30th Dec 2012
Alfred70
27th Dec 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses
27th Dec 2012
27th Dec 2012
Toby01 Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
27th Dec 2012
28th Dec 2012
Alfred70
28th Dec 2012
28th Dec 2012
Toby01 Silver Member
28th Dec 2012
28th Dec 2012
27th Dec 2012
28th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7281 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.