nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Hatboro, Pa, US
4023 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Film SLR Lenses on DSLR"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Fri 21-Dec-12 01:46 PM

I use my D5100 all the time with manual focus lenses. However as Marty pointed out, the camera now has to be used as a fully manual camera only, with no light meter. The lens will still automatically stop down to whatever aperture you set the lens to, just like your FA. There are times I use a handheld lightmeter, but generally over the many years of using a hand held meter with meterless cameras like a Rollei TLR or a Hassy, I became pretty good at guessing the correct exposure. While I have a few bodies that meter with manual focus lenses, the D5100 allows me to use the few non-AI lenses I have without breaking the camera while still shooting very high resolution photos. You will be amazed at how good those older mf lenses perform on the D5100.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Film SLR Lenses on DSLR [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member, Thu 20-Dec-12 05:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Film SLR Lenses on DSLR