nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #7253
View in linear mode

Subject: "Film SLR Lenses on DSLR" Previous topic | Next topic
grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011Thu 20-Dec-12 06:19 PM
337 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Film SLR Lenses on DSLR"
Thu 20-Dec-12 06:21 PM by grnzbra

Springfield, US

I have a Nikon FA with a 50mm f1.2 lens. I've been told that it can be used on my D5100. However, when I fire the 5100, the camera send an electrical signal to the lens telling it to stop down to whatever the selected f/stop was selected in the camera. With the FA, the f/stop is set on the lens, and when that camera is fired, a finger inside the lens opening of the camera pushes on a rod protruding from the back of the lens and mechanically causes the lens to stop down to whatever was selected on the lens. How would this work with the 5100? Or wouldn't it?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicFilm SLR Lenses on DSLR [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member, Thu 20-Dec-12 06:19 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Film SLR Lenses on DSLR
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
20th Dec 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
21st Dec 2012
meper
29th Dec 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
29th Dec 2012
meper
29th Dec 2012
30th Dec 2012
meper
30th Dec 2012
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
30th Dec 2012
30th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #7253 Previous topic | Next topic