nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Larry E30

US
2756 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5000 vacation photos"

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Sun 08-Nov-09 05:20 PM

Thanks Steven.It's nice to get responces !

My vacation photos are done , I finshed all my Grand Circle - S.W. National Parks shows.

On vacation I mainly used th dial settings ... best for me being 'Landscape' on the dial , next best was the 'no flash' mode on the dial(atop the camera).

But I had some trouble with some exposures coming too bright.Luckily I had my AEL set to lock only exposure...that helped me to lock in a darker exposure when needed,(not so easy to do)

But since , I learned something good. Ya know where NL,SD,and VI are?, there is a landscape mode there ! The exposures seem to be pretty good , or almost as good as useing ;'Landscape' mode on the dial.! And you can +/- exposure , or use a smaller apperature for better DOF.!

Learning my camera.This was a nice find for me.So I thought I'd share it.

Good-day to all ! , Larry

Photos are from Canyonlands NP ;

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D5000 vacation photos [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 06-Oct-09 04:40 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5000 vacation photos