nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7043
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Strange Tamron" Previous topic | Next topic
srd1941 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 07:47 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Strange Tamron"
In response to In response to 3

Waterville, US

Hi
My D5100 is a refurbished unit from Cameta in NY so the warranty is through them. I sent the camera to them on Oct. 3. Cameta forwarded it to the repair center at Mellville and it was returned to me the 12th of November. Keep in mind Sandra hit the area causing delays during that time.

My wife and I each have a D60 and we were both getting a little sharper photos with the D60 than I was with my D5100. It always seemed to me that the focus was a little off. Not a lot mind you, just a little bit. When I questioned this I was told that I needed to develop better technique using the D5100 than I did with the D60 because of the increased mp. Now I don’t pretend to be any kind of a photographer but I’ve been shooting firearms since I was out of diapers and it seemed to me that the principle was the same so it shouldn’t be too hard. Well I bought a D7000 and with no change in technique the photos were nice and sharp.

I guess Mellville must have tweaked the focus on the 5100 a bit because the photos look better than they did before I sent it in. Either that or my eyes have changed. There was no documentation included with the returned camera so I really don’t know what they did if anything. Trying times for them I’m sure. I’m surprised they got it back to as soon as they did. So, to answer your question, yes I’m satisfied with the service. And I’m very satisfied with Cameta.
Stan

Stan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicStrange Tamron [View all] , srd1941 Silver Member, Sat 10-Nov-12 10:45 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Strange Tamron
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
10th Nov 2012
srd1941 Silver Member
11th Nov 2012
grnzbra Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
srd1941 Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
grnzbra Silver Member
30th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #7043 Previous topic | Next topic