Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6822
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Extra battery questions....." Previous topic | Next topic
cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012Wed 03-Oct-12 07:07 PM
803 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Extra battery questions....."
In response to In response to 5

HIXSON, US

Whoa! Did you see all the reviews for that product??? That's right, there was not one single review. Lot's a luck beta testing that baby. Hope it doesn't burn your house down.

My experience with non-Nikon batteries hasn't been all that bad, but the research to find the just right one was time consuming. I recently was about to charge one of those & realized that it had its own charger & I couldn't charge it on the Nikon Charger. No problem. My D80 & D300 both use the same batteries & I am a nut for spares. Hard to get a wedding party back together because you scrimped on batteries. Or waste a trip to the Grand Canyon, etc.

The other thing about the dual charger is that it talks about charging up to 3 times faster than normal chargers. That ain't necessarily a good thing. If you are in a hurry, maybe. But usually faster charges mean less charge & less life of the battery. Then you would need another charger to recondition your battery. Be very cautious of the heat level of a fast charger.

I do have a little problem with your thinking. Why would you need a dual charger if you don't shoot enough to warrant good batteries? Sometimes we value our own time so little that we'll spend hours trying to save $10.00. Even Nikon has battery recalls. The batteries for my D7000 were going for about $100.00 during the recall. That is one fine battery. Will a 3rd party be so dilligent about getting in touch with you if a series of their batteries are causing shorts or other problems???

If you're on here seeking advice from the pros.... Why are you seeking advice that you're not interested in even considering?

Marty gave you some damn good advice. He won't get a penny if you take it or don't. Have fun with your 3000.

Charlie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicExtra battery questions..... [View all] , adinis Silver Member, Tue 02-Oct-12 03:20 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Extra battery questions.....
blw Moderator
02nd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
cwils02 Gold Member
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
blw Moderator
04th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6822 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.