nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
adinis

US
32 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Extra battery questions....."

adinis Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jun 2012
Wed 03-Oct-12 02:55 PM

>And hopefully you didn't mean that you got a total of 80 frames on the three batteries?

I meant i got about a total of 80 pictures while using the aftermarket grip and the two non branded batteries (no flash used, and the D3000 does not have Liveview). I had not used the original Nikon battery on that day, i did take it with me just in case i needed it. What i did notice was that when i put in one of the non branded batteries directly on the camera it was dead, i then inserted the other non branded and it had drained by 1/3 (my D3000 shows batteries as 3 bars). So i only got 80 pictures out of a non branded battery, even though it is labled as being stronger than the original. I guess as they say "you get what you pay for" i think the batteries where less than $10 each, but it is ridiculous to spend close to $40 for a Nikon battery.

I will admit that i probably did not have to go out and get a battery grip and two extra batteires, since i am not a daily photographer, i would probably use the camera maybe 3 times a year. The good thinh about the battery grip i got is that is came with a AA battery adapter so i could always use that if i really need more juice. I will continue to search for a dual battery charger and that would be more than enough, or just give in and get an original Nikon battery.

Thank you for your helpfull insight.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Extra battery questions..... [View all] , adinis Silver Member, Tue 02-Oct-12 03:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Extra battery questions.....