Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6822
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Extra battery questions....." Previous topic | Next topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 03-Oct-12 03:36 AM
25899 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Extra battery questions....."
In response to In response to 0

US

Hi Antonio,

>a) when using a battery grip do both batteries work at the same time >or one at a time?

When using Nikon Grips, specifically the MB-D200, MB-D100, and the MB-D80 (the only three Grips that use Dual Batteries in the grip) the batteries are used one at a time. First one battery is used, and when depleated the second battery is used.

>(b) is the voltage on the non branded batteries and issue?,

There have been issues with many third party batteries over the years. Some have good luck with them, others nothing but problems.
The third party batteries, I tried several years ago in my D200 would not even allow the camera to power up when turned on. The Nikon batteries I replaced them with have continued to work perfectly to this day. That was about 6 years ago.

>(c) should I maybe look into other replacement batteries, if so any
>recommendations(looking to maybe get something more affordable
>than stock nikon)?,

Personally I would recommend getting a Nikon battery and not looking back.

>(d) did they die out so fast because they where stored too long >without being used?

While all batteries lose power when not used for long periods of time, getting only 80 shots on two batteries seems very low for sitting for only two months. I have had batteries stored for a lot longer than two months and they held about 90% of their charge.

>Another question, since I have 3 batteries and only have one
>charger, stock, any recommendations on a dual battery charger?

The Nikon MH-22 (D3 Series) and the MH-26 (D4 Series) both priced north of $300.00 have duel slots but only charge one battery at a time. Charging three batteries sequencially on after the other on your charger shouldn't be that much of a problem. If you really feel the need, get another Nikon MH-23 Charger.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicExtra battery questions..... [View all] , adinis Silver Member, Tue 02-Oct-12 03:20 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Extra battery questions.....
blw Moderator
02nd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
cwils02 Gold Member
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
blw Moderator
04th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6822 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.