Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6822
View in linear mode

Subject: "Extra battery questions....." Previous topic | Next topic
adinis Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jun 2012Tue 02-Oct-12 03:20 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Extra battery questions....."

US

So I have a D3000 and the stock 7.2v 1080Ah battery that came with it. I wanted extra batteries and got two non branded 7.4v 2000mAh Li-ion batteries. I charged them about two months ago and had them stored in the camera bag. Yesterday I went to Liberty State Park in NJ and used those batteries along with an aftermarket battery grip for the D3000. After only about 80 pictures I noticed that my batteries started to die out. So I have a few questions, (a) when using a battery grip do both batteries work at the same time or one at a time? , (b) is the voltage on the non branded batteries and issue?, (c) should I maybe look into other replacement batteries, if so any recommendations(looking to maybe get something more affordable than stock nikon)?, (d) did they die out so fast because they where stored too long without being used?

Another question, since I have 3 batteries and only have one charger, stock, any recommendations on a dual battery charger? Been looking all over the net and can't seem to find one that would work with the EN-EL9a batteries.

Thank you in advance for your answers and recommendations.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicExtra battery questions..... [View all] , adinis Silver Member, Tue 02-Oct-12 03:20 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Extra battery questions.....
blw Moderator
02nd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
cwils02 Gold Member
03rd Oct 2012
adinis Silver Member
03rd Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Oct 2012
blw Moderator
04th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6822 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.