nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness

Leonard62

Hatboro, Pa, US
3738 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sun 23-Sep-12 12:36 PM

It's too bad you didn't buy the D5100 with at least the 18-55mm VR lens. In a kit I think it only adds about $100. It is a very capable lens and I'm sure your experience would be much different than what you describe. Even though I own a few different macro lenses, I found the 18-55mm lens could focus close enough for some very nice flower photos.

I have the AFS 35mm f1.8 lens and find no focus problems at all on my D5100 or any of my DX bodies.

The only way I think we can help you is to post a link to a couple photos, including full EXIF data, we can evaluate. Of course it's possible your camera has a problem but just about every comment that I recall has been very positive on the D5100. I know my D5100 has been a joy to use and the photos extremely sharp regardless of which lens I use. But without getting into Pro lenses I especially like the results I get with the 18-55mm VR lens.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness [View all] , Gemini744 , Sun 23-Sep-12 01:42 AM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
23rd Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness jesse101 Silver Member
24th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness Lolrogge Silver Member
24th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness arunava001
26th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness DavidN4 Silver Member
26th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Disappointment with D5100: focus and sharpness DavidN4 Silver Member
26th Sep 2012