Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Hatboro, Pa, US
4365 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Flash / No Flash Question"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Wed 19-Sep-12 02:15 AM

The D5100 shouldn't act this way. However it will only recognize a Nikon flash which is CLS compatible. I have no problem using a non-CLS flash but by setting the shutter speed in M mode and the flash in Auto mode or manual. I don't have a Sunpak flash. Is your model a dedicated Sony model? What mode are you putting the flash in? I can shoot the D5100 in any light with or without a flash in any light. The flashing ? is only a reminder you need more light, it won't stop you from taking a photo. If you want the camera to operate the way you want it will but I recommend a Nikon flash mentioned in the D5100 manual. . However they don't make a low cost model like the Sunpak.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Flash / No Flash Question [View all] , s1p , Tue 18-Sep-12 04:39 PM
Reply message RE: Flash / No Flash Question