nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #6644
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode" Previous topic | Next topic
grnzbra Silver Member  Springfield, US  Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011 Fri 07-Sep-12 10:25 PM
349 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode "
In response to In response to 4
Sat 08-Sep-12 03:56 AM by grnzbra

Sorry, but my advice about depth (yeah, if finally looked up how to spell depth) of field seems to be wrong. See my post about apperture behavior in video mode. I've only done one video (On YouTube.com under WA2WMR)

Apparently stopping down the lens does nothing for video. In fact, an article I read today comparing video with a DSLR to video with a camcorder said that DSLRs have a shallower depth of field than a camcorder.

Hey, it's the weekend. Play with it and see what you get. Oh yes, shoot with the camera on a 5 ton granite slab or a tripod that's built like one.

Best of luck with ths - I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG OR RIGHT ABUT DEPTH OF FIELD.
Someone just posted to my thread about apperture behavior in video mode that the lens does indeed stop down to where you set it. The reason the pic remains bright is the viewfinder brightness is increased to compensate.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicChristmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode [View all] , BillyTRichVa , Tue 04-Sep-12 10:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
05th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode grnzbra Silver Member
06th Sep 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode MontyG
07th Sep 2012
     Reply message RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode BillyTRichVa
07th Sep 2012
07th Sep 2012
10th Sep 2012
               Reply message RE: Christmas lights w/ D5100 in Movie mode MontyG
11th Sep 2012
29th Nov 2012
29th Nov 2012
26th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #6644 Previous topic | Next topic