Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Scappoose, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Decisions & Trade Offer"

Wj9dwest Registered since 17th Jul 2012
Tue 28-Aug-12 01:33 AM | edited Tue 28-Aug-12 01:35 AM by Wj9dwest

I have a houseful (just ask my wife!) of film Nikons, but I lucked into an opportunity to do the photos for a book. Since the subjects will be transient (not transients), it will be hard to wait a week for film to be developed. This points me to digital, that I have little experience with. I had originally thought about buying a P7100 because it would be unobtrusive. My local camera shop said that the image quality would not be "book-quality", so now I'm thinking about a D3100 - small, light, & great image quality. Has anyone else had to make this type of decision? What are your thoughts? As an aside, anyone want to trade a D3100 w/18-55mm for a F4S w/ both battery packs, 28-85mm zoom, 50mm AF 1.8, SB-28(i thkni) strobe &'all boxes?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Decisions & Trade Offer [View all] , Wj9dwest , Tue 28-Aug-12 01:33 AM
Reply message RE: Decisions & Trade Offer