nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JosephK

Seattle, WA, US
5618 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Perseid meteor shower photos"

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006
Fri 10-Aug-12 08:33 PM | edited Fri 10-Aug-12 08:35 PM by JosephK

I have tried this a few times, and might again this weekend. There is not really anything camera specific.

Tripod
Remote release
wide-ish angle lens

Focus can be a bit tricky. Using f/4 to f/5.6 to get a reasonable DOF for error purposes, I would focus manually on the stars if auto-focus does not work.

Set the camera in manual exposure mode for say, 20 second shutter speed and f/4. Adjust the ISO to get the exposure right.

I would recommend turning off any long-exposure noise reduction.

(When I get home I will check the settings of my previous outing.)

---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 D,
17-55mm f/2.8 DX, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

A general, generic topic Perseid meteor shower photos [View all] , TBF , Fri 10-Aug-12 08:08 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos ctdrummer Silver Member
10th Aug 2012
Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
10th Aug 2012
Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
10th Aug 2012
Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos TBF
10th Aug 2012
Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos cwils02 Gold Member
12th Aug 2012
     Reply message RE: Perseid meteor shower photos TBF
12th Aug 2012