nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used"

Skyco

Roanoke Island, US
143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used""

Skyco Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Mar 2012
Wed 08-Aug-12 12:34 PM

Hi Ben,

What is the brand of the card? If its a Transcend card that could be your problem. We got a Transcend (16gb "so called class 10") SD card with the D3100 we bought from Amazon last January. Before buying more Transcend cards I did a search to find out more about Transcend and what I found out was pretty awful.

One of the people blogging about their problems with that card had bought a bunch of them because he was going on "a once in a life time trip around the world". His Transcend cards started failing half way through his trip. Since he had "once in a lifetime" photos on them he paid a data recovery service big bucks to recover "most" of his photos - regular data recovery software didn't work.

Also I trust that you are reformatting your cards in the camera, letting your computer reformat can cause problems too. But from what you are saying I'm reminded of the horror stories I read from folks who had bad experiences with Transcend memory cards.

Hope this helps.

Well Wishes,

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyco_g/

"Humans don't rise to the occasion. Instead, we fall to our level of training and experience". Archilochus, a Greek soldier and poet.
The best photo advice I ever received was at a John Shaw workshop. "... Practice your craft... ... Pixels are free...Practice... experiment with your camera".

A topic tagged as in need of help D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used" [View all] , NenBikonian , Sun 05-Aug-12 11:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used"