nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used"

NenBikonian

Roswell, US
209 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used""

NenBikonian Registered since 30th Sep 2011
Mon 06-Aug-12 01:41 PM | edited Mon 06-Aug-12 01:41 PM by NenBikonian

Thanks, Armando.

Any thoughts on what to do if nothing seems to want to recognize the card? My camera (oddly, regardless of whether the power is on or off)displays and freezes on this error. I cannot interact at all with the camera once this card is inserted. When a new one is inserted, everything returns to normal.

Same with my card readers - one (on my printer) returns a similar error and refuses to recognize the card. On my laptop, the SD reader simply never appears as a valid drive when this particular card is inserted.

I assume I have to find a device that will actually recognize the card before I attempt to use SanDisk Image Rescue to try to get the files off of it, correct?

Finally - anyone know if there's a two-button reformat options on the D3100 similar to that which exists on higher-end cams like my D300?

Thanks,
Ben

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used" [View all] , NenBikonian , Sun 05-Aug-12 11:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used"