nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
grnzbra

Springfield, US
390 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon Service Experience"

grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011
Thu 02-Aug-12 04:09 PM

What kind of experience have you had with Nikon's service department. My 5100 is out of warranty so I will have to pay for repairs. My problem is "soft focus" which actually seems to be due to focus being behind the point where both auto focus and the manual range finder say it is in focus. In many of the pictures, when I looked closely, there did seem to be a point of crisp focus that was behind what I was focusing on. (No, it's not operator error!)

As I see it, one of three things can happen. They can fix the problem, they can say they fixed the problem when they didn't and they can say there is no problem.

Is it worth sending back to Nikon, or should I just go out and buy a Cannon. (I keep having this recurring daydream of buying a Cannon, mounting the d5100 on a tripod, mounting the Canon on a tripod focused on the Nikon and starting a video and making a video of me puting a 308 rifle bullet throught the Nikon.)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon Service Experience [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member, Thu 02-Aug-12 04:09 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Service Experience