nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "stick"

TBF

US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "stick""

TBF Registered since 24th Apr 2012
Mon 13-Aug-12 03:52 PM

If you use a remote release, Item C3 in the menu should solve your problem. You can choose from several time intervals before the release reverts to zero. I have been using this lately trying to photograph meteor trails. No apparent problems with star fields, but when I shot half a dozen eight second exposures of the Space Station crossing the field of view I saw a definite hook at the beginning of each trail on each exposure. That hook I can only surmise is from camera movement caused by the mirror? movement, yet I would have supposed the camera to have settled during the two second delay. Also, I was using the Live View so the mirror should have been up already? I was using a manual focus lens with the Manual setting and a reasonably stable tripod. Tom Forker Washington State.

A general, generic topic Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "stick" [View all] , SupraDad Silver Member, Tue 31-Jul-12 04:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "sti...