nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "stick"

SupraDad

MERRIMACK, US
249 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "stick""

SupraDad Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2012
Tue 31-Jul-12 04:47 PM

When I set the shutter release mode to "single" - it stays in single. When I set the release mode to "continuous" - it stay in continuous. However, when I set the release mode to "2 second delay", it will indeed delay the first shot by 2 seconds, but then it reverts to the previous mode ("single" if that was the previous mode, or "continuous" if that as the previous mode).

When taking multiple exposures from (e.g.) a tripod, this is rather bothersome (to say the least - a number of times I've had to delete a shot, set up for "delayed release" and re-shoot).

Is this a "bug" in the system, or is there some other deep-in-the-bowels setting to have the shutter release mode stay at the 2-second delay?

Thanks in advance for any advice here...

Regards,
Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "stick" [View all] , SupraDad Silver Member, Tue 31-Jul-12 04:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D5000: 2 second delay release mode won't "sti...