nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5100 Dusk/dawn scene: white balance varies?

Leonard62

Hatboro, Pa, US
3853 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5100 Dusk/dawn scene: white balance varies? "

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Fri 13-Jul-12 12:08 PM

My D5100 doesn't change color temp with ISO. I ran two sets of tests with different lighting.

First when setting the scene to Dusk/Dawn the camera wants to go to Auto ISO. However it can be over ridden to whatever you want.

My first test was in lighting that was mostly daylight. I used ISO 200 and ISO 500. The color temp stayed at 4550˚K.

My second test was in lighting that was mostly Red/Yellow as you'd see during sunset. Auto ISO set the exposure at ISO 800, I set ISO to 160 and then again at 640. For all three exposures the color temp stayed at 4550˚K.

However I don't have the light that you shot at so I don't know how my camera would react under your condition.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D5100 Dusk/dawn scene: white balance varies? [View all] , adamruef , Wed 11-Jul-12 01:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5100 Dusk/dawn scene: white balance varies?
Reply message RE: D5100 Dusk/dawn scene: white balance varies?