nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mianake

US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sigma 28 mm lens"

mianake Registered since 22nd Sep 2009
Tue 22-Sep-09 06:23 PM

Thanks Brian,

I must say, as confusing as the SLRs were to a newby, the lens are much worse. I guess it will get easier with familiarity.

The D5000 came with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 G. so that seems to qualify for what you mentioned.

The Sigma I had thought was the 1.8f you mentioned. The apparently had a wide angle lens and one with macro.The one offerred was much cheaper than any i found, so rather suspicious.

Turns out it is 28mm f2.8 I think - when you google it, there are some listed, and it is a very inexpensive lens. Maybe very old also, as not listed on Sigma or many other places.

You mentioned "A supplementary close-up lens may be another, equally inexpensive, option." I am not sure what this is - different than macro? I had been looking at perhaps the Tamron 90mm Macro, which gets very good reviews, and is about 450.

thanks again Mike

A general, generic topic Sigma 28 mm lens [View all] , mianake , Tue 22-Sep-09 09:45 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sigma 28 mm lens
Reply message RE: Sigma 28 mm lens