nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mianake

US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sigma 28 mm lens"

mianake Registered since 22nd Sep 2009
Tue 22-Sep-09 06:23 PM

Thanks Brian,

I must say, as confusing as the SLRs were to a newby, the lens are much worse. I guess it will get easier with familiarity.

The D5000 came with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 G. so that seems to qualify for what you mentioned.

The Sigma I had thought was the 1.8f you mentioned. The apparently had a wide angle lens and one with macro.The one offerred was much cheaper than any i found, so rather suspicious.

Turns out it is 28mm f2.8 I think - when you google it, there are some listed, and it is a very inexpensive lens. Maybe very old also, as not listed on Sigma or many other places.

You mentioned "A supplementary close-up lens may be another, equally inexpensive, option." I am not sure what this is - different than macro? I had been looking at perhaps the Tamron 90mm Macro, which gets very good reviews, and is about 450.

thanks again Mike

A general, generic topic Sigma 28 mm lens [View all] , mianake , Tue 22-Sep-09 09:45 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sigma 28 mm lens
Reply message RE: Sigma 28 mm lens