Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6236
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Fotos out of focus" Previous topic | Next topic
jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Sun 24-Jun-12 07:48 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Fotos out of focus"
In response to In response to 3
Sun 24-Jun-12 07:53 PM by jpFoto

US

@jpFoto......Will Under exposure make the difference?

Manu

Under exposing an image will not affect your focus, however, it does affect your overall image quality. It's not my place to tell you how to shoot or setup your camera, but since you have noted here and in your other thread that you are disappointed with your D3200, and would like some suggestions, I would suggest a few things.

First, you haven't posted very many images, but a few of the ones that you did post were taken in low light with high shutter speeds, low ISO and wide open; some with flash and some without; and all with custom white balance. You also have chosen manual mode in at least one of your portraits. I think that these settings are a blueprint for disaster. Until you feel comfortable with your camera, manual mode probably isn't a good choice. Also, most built-in flashes do not produce good results used as the primary lighting solution.

Second, I have my camera set up as follows and you may want to try a similar setup until you are comfortable with the camera and have experienced some success:

1. Auto White Balance.

2. Auto ISO Sensitivity ON - ISO 100 - Maximum sensitivity 6400 - Minium shutter speed 1/125. (You may want to set your Maximum sensitivity to 1600, particularly if you are shooting jpegs only).

3. I use A (aperture priority) most of the time, but you may want to try using P (programmed auto) until you are comfortable with the camera. I would avoid using AUTO, (the one in green.)

Brian's suggestions for your focus settings make very good sense for portraits and other relatively stationary subject.

You may also want to pick a copy of Bryan Peterson's, "Understanding Exposure." Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Edition-Photographs/dp/0817439390/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340567495&sr=8-1&keywords=understanding+exposure

Good luck and let us know how things work out.

jP

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as in need of helpFotos out of focus [View all] , drmanubmengi , Sun 24-Jun-12 07:21 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Fotos out of focus
jpFoto
24th Jun 2012
briantilley Moderator
24th Jun 2012
drmanubmengi
24th Jun 2012
briantilley Moderator
24th Jun 2012
jpFoto
24th Jun 2012
drmanubmengi
25th Jun 2012
grnzbra Silver Member
25th Jun 2012
jpFoto
25th Jun 2012
grnzbra Silver Member
25th Jun 2012
jpFoto
25th Jun 2012
grnzbra Silver Member
25th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6236 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.