nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What are your iso Sensitivity Settings for D5100

MEMcD

US
28083 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What are your iso Sensitivity Settings for D5100"

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Tue 19-Jun-12 05:03 PM

Hi Manish,

First I will qualify my answer since I don't have a D5100. I don't use Auto ISO either.
I always use the lowest ISO setting possible for the given subject and ambient conditions.
The best settings (both shutter speed and ISO) is dependent on your subject, the focal length you are using, and the ambient conditions. 1/125th sec. is a reasonable minimum shutter speed for general photography but too slow for shooting sports or shooting at focal lengths longer than 100mm or so without VR.

The D5100 should have no problem producing clean images at ISO 1600 or even a little higher if you nail the exposure.

Auto ISO and Flash do not play well together. When you shoot using flash, you should always turn off Auto ISO and set the ISO manually.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

A topic tagged as having a question What are your iso Sensitivity Settings for D5100 [View all] , jammike , Tue 19-Jun-12 01:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What are your iso Sensitivity Settings for D5100