nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
cwils02

HIXSON, US
823 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SD Card Help!!"

cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012
Thu 14-Jun-12 02:19 AM

Not familiar with PNY's customer support.

In 2005, I spent a day shooting in the Grand Canyon, and part of the night. When I finally made it back to my car with the help of light from my cell phone, a Park Ranger was waiting on me. He just told me good night, and that he had been watching me. I like to shoot after there are absolutely no shadows.

Unfortunately, nearly all my photos were corrupted. A photo might have parts of photos from four different shots. I had a high-end Lexar CF card that required a special reader to connect to a PC. I ended up sending the card to Lexar, and they reconstructed most of the photos for me.

Before you totally destroy your files with some unknown software with which you have no experience, you might want to try PNY & see if they can do that. Otherwise, I would try Rescue Pro. Personally, I would never use anything other than a higher-end SanDisk or Lexar memory card. I currently use SanDisk UHS-1 rated cards in my D7000. Expensive, but cheaper than going back to the Grand Canyon, having the whole wedding party come back & go through the paces (And still look happy), or getting the Super Moon to come out again.

Yes, always format (low level format if possible) the card in your camera. After backing up the photos (I do it to two different places) of course. Test a couple shots to make sure everything is okay, then go capture the world.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic SD Card Help!! [View all] , gcier34 , Tue 12-Jun-12 02:00 AM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
12th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
12th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! rgsindc
12th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! gcier34
13th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! cwils02 Gold Member
14th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
15th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! paul1208
20th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! pjonesCET Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! thoang77
21st Jun 2012
Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! rgsindc
21st Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! thoang77
21st Jun 2012
          Reply message RE: SD Card Help!! Brianpore
22nd Jun 2012