nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #6096
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work." Previous topic | Next topic
dyfed0_0   Bangor, UK  Registered since 31st Mar 2012 Thu 07-Jun-12 05:09 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work."
In response to In response to 7

Hi there,

Obviously, I dont know your limitations in size and weight etc. but I have two D300's (one for normal, no hazrds to the camera and the other for go anywhere, dust times) but more importantly, I have a D5000 (handy articulated screen for macro work and going down low or holding it high in a crowd) which is more or less the same size and weight and it works great with my SB-600.

I am sure everyone here will agree that Nikons build quality is spot on, Olympus on the othr hand, the wife bought a compact before XMas (even though I nagged her to get a Nikon) the build quality was awful, I had seen a better screen on a kids digital toy computer.... sure enough, she exchanged it for a nikon.

Now I know it was a compact, but, the name it carried spoke volumes to me and even though I am a Nikon man anyway, I wouldnt change, not even to Canon after the Father in Law's 350D circuit Board failed after a year and cost him £150 to get it repaired.

Stick with the D5100, the controls are easy to use, you have the Expeed 2 engine inside and a 16.2 MP CMOS sensor and the articulated screen that can be used for high or low work without doing harm to your back.

Hope the above helps?

Dyf

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicUseability of D5100 for more serious work. [View all] , Matto Silver Member, Wed 06-Jun-12 04:46 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
06th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
06th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. DavidN4 Silver Member
06th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. Matto Silver Member
06th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
06th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
07th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. kartane
06th Jun 2012
Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. Matto Silver Member
07th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. dyfed0_0
07th Jun 2012
     Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. drmanubmengi Silver Member
07th Jun 2012
07th Jun 2012
07th Jun 2012
07th Jun 2012
                    Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. dyfed0_0
07th Jun 2012
                         Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. meat
09th Jun 2012
                              Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. Gandalfsfoto
17th Jun 2012
                                   Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit.
22nd Jun 2012
                                        Reply message RE: Useability of D5100 for more serious work. Gandalfsfoto
22nd Jun 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D5000/D3000 series (Public) topic #6096 Previous topic | Next topic