Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6065
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Camera sensor have dust or sand in it" Previous topic | Next topic
factotum Registered since 17th Jun 2007Tue 05-Jun-12 06:05 PM
342 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Camera sensor have dust or sand in it"
In response to In response to 10

US

You are not cleaning the sensor. You are cleaning a piece of glass on the sensor. It is considerably stronger than you think. Millions have had their sensors cleaned using any means available.

Here's a tip. Avoid smallish apertures. Spots are very hard to see if you shoot wide open. F8 and smaller should be avoided.

I was at the local airport shooting a skycrane as it was warming up. I was using f14 because I din't have time to check aperture. I got there as it was just getting ready to take off. Every bit of dust showed up.

A couple days later I was shooting at f4 and the dirt magically disappeared.

Eclipse is one of the best for cleaning. The trick is to use only one drop of liquid on the pec pad. The first time I did it I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. By the time I did it again (D700) I felt like an old hand.

BTW, I use an old ear syringe I cleaned out well. Much cheaper than the Giottos rocket.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
Miss Piggy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionCamera sensor have dust or sand in it [View all] , Ginalisa27 , Sat 02-Jun-12 10:13 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Camera sensor have dust or sand in it
Leonard62 Gold Member
02nd Jun 2012
SheriB Silver Member
02nd Jun 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member
02nd Jun 2012
Ginalisa27
02nd Jun 2012
Ginalisa27
02nd Jun 2012
Ginalisa27
02nd Jun 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member
02nd Jun 2012
Ginalisa27
02nd Jun 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Jun 2012
Ginalisa27
04th Jun 2012
factotum
05th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6065 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.