nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Strange AF focus point choices

Leonard62

Hatboro, Pa, US
3849 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Strange AF focus point choices"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Wed 30-May-12 07:37 PM

Good point, Diane. That's the way I would do it.

But as an experiment, because of this thread, I tried it. When using the viewfinder with AF-A and Auto, facial recognition worked maybe once in 5 or 6 shots. Otherwise the focus point was all over the place and in multiple places.

It was better in LiveView as when you acquired facial recognition focus the focus square would show on the screen and on the face. It's pretty slow though and not designed to chase little kids around. This is the first time I used face recognition and while I find it's easy to set up it's not very reliable. Diane has the right idea.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Strange AF focus point choices [View all] , TBF , Tue 29-May-12 08:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Strange AF focus point choices